Fabric: The pattern is designed and tested for light to medium weight knit fabrics with drape, and with approx. 30-50% stretch. We recommend viscose jersey, tencel jersey, modal jersey, bambu jersey and similar fabrics. Scroll down for fabric requirements chart.
Elastic band: 5-10 mm (1/4" - 3/8") in width. For length, see chart below. This is for the elastic waist variant if you’re not sewing the tie belt. Try to find a soft elastic band with lots of stretch (100% or more). Also, if you’re sewing the wide 3/4 sleeves with elastic you’ll need an extra 48 cm (19”).
Elastic thread, if you’re sewing the elastic waist version and want to sew with elastic thread instead of elastic band (both versions are shown in the tutorial).
Light-weight fusible interfacing with stretch (for example Vlieseline H609), to stabilise: (note: calculated for the largest size, 152).
- the neckline (round): approx. 24 cm wide and 13 cm high (10” x 5”)
- the neckline (V-neck): approx. 24 cm wide and 15 cm high (10” x 6”)
- shoulder seams: two strips that are approx. 5 cm wide and 1 cm high (2” x 3/8”)
- pockets: four strips, approx. 2-3 cm wide and 15 cm high (1” x 6”)
- hem: two strips, up to 60 cm wide and 2 cm high (24” x 1”), (for a calf-length dress in size 152). Must not be continuous strips.
To stabilise the shoulder seams you could also use clear elastic or a strip of woven fabric cut on the bias - instead of interfacing.
Sewing machine needle: Don’t forget to use the right needle for your fabric, for knit fabrics a stretch needle is usually recommended.
Other useful materials: Coordinating thread, fabric marker, fabric scissors, needles and/or clips, tape measure.